Dodge Dart Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

220 hp 265 lb tq 1.4t Rallye

52K views 242 replies 38 participants last post by  mcdow991 
#1 · (Edited)
So I had my 2013 dart ralley on the dyno yesterday and it put out 220 hp 265 torque to the fly wheel and 180 hp 216 tq to the ground. I was expecting the hp to be around there but the amount of torque was surprising. Probably explains why it's hard to keep traction on hard accelerations.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Any tune?

#12 ·
We believe those to be clutch ratings, not transmission ratings. We have made 250 WTQ to the wheels with an upgraded clutch already which puts us at 290 at the crank (give or take a few).

#15 ·
We typical see 30 to 40 WHP and 50 to 70 WTQ with our tune. We measure everything at the wheels and provide an AFR curve to show that our tunes run "safe" AFR's.

Check out our section here on the forums, Tork Motorsports. We have lots of dyno sheets posted up in that area. We are also working on a new bolt on turbo upgrade that will allow the 1.4 turbo owners to get the most out of their car. We will have a paired tune to go with the new turbo thus making it the "ONLY" solution on the market to get huge power.

#17 ·
We have several clutch options that are proved to work with the Dart and Fiat power levels. We are currently testing our full face clutch at 250 WTQ. We are a little more money for our clutch, but its worth every penny when its been tested in street and race applications.

We will be adding sprung and un-sprung options this week for the Dart clutch, with options for full face kevlar, 4 puck ceramic, and 6 puck (new) ceramic. Right now we have the most complete line of tested and track proven clutches for the 1.4T. Nobody can say they have tested there clutch on a car making 250 WTQ, because nobody has made that much power other than us :)

Thanks,

John

#20 ·
I will post a few.

Tune Development of the Stage 1.5 tune.

Text Line Design Font Parallel

DDCT Dart before and after tune

Text Line Design Font Pattern

Fiat 1.4 turbo 500T before and after

Text Line Design Pattern Slope

Thanks,

John

This post has been deleted
#23 · (Edited)
I have used several venders, RRMS, Madness, modern performance. Just looking for the best bang for my buck and hp as well. Looking for more HP now but don't know what to do next. Getting a light weight pulley soon but other than that don't know what will increase my hp. Mods so far are Injen CAI, Injen hot/cold pipes, ported throttle body, high flow cat from RRMS, mid-pipe, flowmaster exhaust, TMC ECU, Madness go peddle, boost gauge.

#25 ·
I hope to get the RRM light weight pulley one day as well. Look to be of superior quality, plus each one is inspected by LuckyJay "thumbs up".

After pulley, I would suggest upgrading your clutch in preparation for the next mod. Tork has a full line of products out / coming out soon.

After that clutch, I would invest in the Tork Tune. They have a handheld unit coming out in the next couple of months that will offer you the ability to tune on/off whenever you feel. After meeting the people at Tork for a tuning event, I know they know the dart extremely well. The tune adjust areas in the ECU that are otherwise restricted and give a major boost in power, while not just cranking the boost. They have custom tables for all mods out their to give you an optimum AFR for running safely and efficiently. Once they get the 1.5 tune worked out (the multiair is a complicated piece of electronics that allows amazing engine tuning once the coding is learned and tested), you can max out the stock turbo and keep the full torque of the engine (if you don't do the clutch, torque will be detuned to keep your stock clutch safe).

And finally, when finished testing, either turbo upgrade (bigger compressor wheel) from tork or their bigger turbo upgrade to max this engine out!

As you can see, performance wise, there is so much for the 1.4l!

For appearances, Oracle has a halo kit out and soon to be released next month specially crafted halo-type light that follows the curves of the headlight, Brighttails has any lighting you can think of, I love the CF spoiler from RRMS, Inline Carbon has the preorder for their CF/Composite scooped hood out for only $700.

#32 ·
First I've heard of that, except for people who going back to stock to sell their Darts. A lightweight pulley of the same size as stock is a no-brainer, the reduction in mass reduces its inertia, making it much easier to change the speed at which it is rotating. It won't store as much energy as a heavier pulley, but that's much less important in this application than is accelerating its rotation more quickly. A light pulley doesn't add power, but it allows the engine to use less of its torque rotating the accessory belt, and it will also allow the engine to go up and down in revs more quickly.

#33 · (Edited)
I'm thinking of MoRallye. Still, Dairy94 suggesting that a lighter pulley blows the doors off the wastegate mod's building boost much faster, having more boost, getting the "POP-POP" on all 1-2 and 3-4 shifts at WOT, etc., is just plain ridiculous. At least when it comes to how my Dart responded to the WG mod. And no, I don't have the lighter pulley so I must be way out in left field...

P.S. My Dart may yet blow up so take my advice with a grain of salt. :p

#34 ·
I'm thinking of MoRallye. Still, Dairy94 suggesting that a lighter pulley blows the doors off the wastegate mod's building boost much faster, having more boost, getting the "POP" on all 1-2 and 3-4 shifts, etc., is just plain ridiculous. At least when it comes to how my Dart responded to the WG mod. And no, I don't have the lighter pulley so I must be way out in left field...

P.S. My Dart may yet blow up so take my advice with a grain of salt. :p
And I might be right there with you blowing up mine! But seriously, a lightweight pulley would probably make your Dart (and mine) feel even better than it does now.

#40 ·
Hmm people dont really know what a pulley is designed to do...Sometimes a lighter pulley will create more issues than the power it produces.. The pulley is designed to its weight as it also acts as a vibration damper, you remove weight and make it lighter you will have vibrations thus stressing your crankshaft and possibly the block, in return = damage. I would thing twice about installing one. I doubt these pulleys have gone the intense testing and logging to assure you that the functions are the same as the OEM unit. Just an FYI......If interested here is info on the pulley's function;
Harmonic balancer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#41 · (Edited)
Hmm people dont really know what a pulley is designed to do...Sometimes a lighter pulley will create more issues than the power it produces.. The pulley is designed to its weight as it also acts as a vibration damper, you remove weight and make it lighter you will have vibrations thus stressing your crankshaft and possibly the block, in return = damage. I would thing twice about installing one. I doubt these pulleys have gone the intense testing and logging to assure you that the functions are the same as the OEM unit. Just an FYI......If interested here is info on the pulley's function; Harmonic balancer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
We've already been over this time and time again on this forum about the pulley. Plain and simplest put... The @roadrace light weight pulley has been inspected by @LuckyJayRRM and roadrace has used this pulley set up on other cars logging over 100k plus miles and no issues. Rob and the RRM guys have put the time and intense testing into these pulleys. If you have questions they will answer them, they are always just a phone call away.

Check the search bar and see the reviews/posts... It is currently the best mod for the price hands down. Couple a lightweight pulley with copper plugs and an NA dart feels completely different.

#45 · (Edited)
Yes its not a harmonic balancer but it is a counter weight and will dampen vibration... Let me get the writing by the engineer and will post it here... It is a damper pulley;
Crankshaft, Crankshaft Bearings, Damper And Flywheel 1.4L Turbocharged [EAF]. Fits: Dart 1.4L I4 16V Turbo FIRE, 6-Spd C635 Dual Dry Clutch Auto Tran LUX, Dart 1.4L I4 16V Turbo FIRE, 6-Spd C635 Dual Dry... | Factory Chrysler Parts

Also all internally balanced engines, if the flywheel/ flex plate or damper are out of balance will cause vibration at high rpm, eventually snapping the crank or creating other damage...
http://www.atiracing.com/products/dampers/damper_dinan.htm

#48 · (Edited)
Yes its not a harmonic balancer but it is a counter weight and will dampen vibration... Let me get the writing by the engineer and will post it here... It is a damper pulley;
Crankshaft, Crankshaft Bearings, Damper And Flywheel 1.4L Turbocharged [EAF]. Fits: Dart 1.4L I4 16V Turbo FIRE, 6-Spd C635 Dual Dry Clutch Auto Tran LUX, Dart 1.4L I4 16V Turbo FIRE, 6-Spd C635 Dual Dry... | Factory Chrysler Parts

Also all internally balanced engines, if the flywheel/ flex plate or damper are out of balance will cause vibration at high rpm, eventually snapping the crank or creating other damage...
ATI - The Dangers of Power Pulleys & Understanding the Harmonic Damper
if your flywheel or flex plate is out of balance then i highly doubt it will matter what you do to the crank pulley. the engine is internally balanced and the subtle vibrations that you trade off with for the light weight pulley is not gonna make much difference. i have run light weight pulleys on every 4 cyl i have owned for YEARS with no problems. each Lancer i have owned has had one. and now my 2.4 Dart. im sure when these items where created by the vendors all these aspects where put into its design and i trust thier knowledge.

PS. the rubber is only for vibrations, its not a balencing part to hold the engine together. before i wrecked my 02 lancer which is MUCH older then these engines had a RRM LW pulley for over 80,000 miles with no issues. the 08 lancer i put over 30,000 miles on a RRM LW pulley with no issues. and now im 10,000 miles on dart 2.4 engine no issues. i like being a guinea pig for vendor parts and not having problems,lol.

#54 ·
Some of you guys complain about other vendors tunes. i love torks tune. my friend has the rrm tuner box he likes it for his reasons. i am not one to hate. but when some of u don't know what your talking about just listen to what tork has to say he knows what hes doing. its not like he just said here u go guys i have a tune and i hope it works. no he tested and tested like everyone else does. i love how people try to go against him or any other vendor. They are all great people. some of u guys need to grow up and learn from what other people have to say. don't get me wrong i went with tork because there tune is safer for me its amazing. but hey idk where all this hate comes from or what not. well we all like something different no need to hate on someone or there tune. i hope u guys have a great day. :) Dont worry be happy :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.