Dodge Dart Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Water / Meth Injection? Throttle Body Spacer?

9K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  perry25 
#1 ·
So, looking at a water meth kit.

snowperformance.net/stage-2-boost-cooler.html

and this tapped throttle body spacer for a good spot to inject, without drilling and completely reversible.

cravenspeed.com/dodge-dart-throttle-body-spacer/

Does anyone have any experience with this mod? I should be able to safely push 5+ more lbs of boost on pump gas.

#3 ·
I'm an electronics person, not an engine guy. Anyone point me to some reliable/good info on Meth/water injection, and how this affects the cars performance? Is it something you would do to a daily driver?

#5 · (Edited)
Snow Performance : FAQ gasoline. This should get you started understanding it
Cant you just injection line through the IC pipe?

Edit never mind I just saw where Perry25 had the picture up. Is there another picture you can load bc my phone is saying a connection error every time I try to Load it.

Also Perry25 what mods are you currently running and how is the car reacting to the water/meth. What trans are you running as well.

#13 ·
I have no clue what I have power wise. Lol. Ass dyno says faster than stock. Lmao. The control module that comes with the water/meth kit is adjustable. Stage one you pick when it comes on. Stage two is progressive so it doesn't come on full power right away. Stage three is a whole diff animal. All you do it turn a knob to select your desired boost level

#17 ·
Doubt it very much. As I said it doesn't hit like nitrous. The power added is from the air temps being cooled be the water /meth mixture. It effectively ups your octane number when sprayed. Allowing for more boost or timing to be added safely. That's where you will make real power with it. Or you can set it to help gas mileage. Go on snow performances web site and you can read all about it there. It may help you better understand it. The meth burns as a fuel source and the water vaporizes to steam which "steam cleans" your internals and that extra expanding gas helps spin the turbo up quicker. I say go for it. It's simple enough to hook up. Just takes a little time to run things nicely.

#22 ·
Couple of questions now that I've done some research. Are you using washer fluid tank for all this? Can you turn the system completely off with no negative affects? How much meth/water mix do you go through and where/how are you getting/mixing it? How long did it take you to install it all? And how hard would it be to yank out for a warranty trip to the dealership planning on a re-install afterwards?

#23 ·
Yes I'm using the washer fluid tank. You can turn it off at anytime with no negative effects. Takes a couple hours to install just because of the tight spacing. I'm using -20 washer fluid. Sometimes I use boost juice. I go through a gallon about every 3 days which ends up being around 700 miles for me. As far as taking it back out I have no clue. That one is on you.

#24 ·
Do you remember which nozzle you used for your kit?

#27 ·
I have a thread somewhere with the install. No real danger of running out of fluid and popping the motor. Not on a stock engine. If you had a high horsepower engine depending on the meth for detonation and ran out then you would have a problem. For this car it basically just cools the intake temps when it sprays. It helps for sure. Especially pulling hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.